The Moringa tree is also called the drumstick tree, horseradish tree or ben oil tree. It grows mainly in tropical and subtropical areas and originated at the base of the Himalayan Mountains.
Click here ↓ to read more ↓
Click below ↓ for previous post
| || |
We had lots of fun drying and blending the greens into a powder. Twenty-one trays of leaves made 4 quarts of powder.
Tip: The leaves are very light-weight when they dry. To prevent them from blowing around in the dehydrator, place them on the Paraflex sheet and place the plastic mesh sheet over them. Dehydrate at 110°F (43.3°C).
- Strengthens the immune system
- Is good for your eyes and brain
- Promotes proper function of and purifies the liver and kidneys
- Is good for your skin and hair
- Gives you sustained energy without increasing blood sugar
- Is good for the digestion
- Contains 36 elements that are anti-inflammatory in the body, reducing arthritis pain and the risk of heart disease
- Helps to stabilize the blood sugar levels in the body
- Many people have said it has healed their stomach ulcers and tumors
- Lowers blood pressure in people that have hypertension
- Promotes good sleep
- Balances the hormonal system
- A great protein source, since it contains all 8 of the essential amino acids
- Contains over 90 different nutrients and forty-six antioxidants
- More potassium than bananas
- More Vitamin A than carrots
- More protein and calcium than milk
- More iron than spinach
- One of the highest sources of chlorophyll of any plant
- Contains Zeatin, which is an anti-aging compound (In fact, moringa leaves contain several thousand times more Zeatin than any other plant.)
- Minimizes the affects of asthma
- Has no known adverse effects
- Neutralizes and flushes toxins and heavy metals from the body
- Helps to alkalize the body
- Moringa seed powder works well as a water purifier
Even infants, pregnant and nursing women can consume it and are encouraged to do so since it is such a powerhouse of nutrients.
If you take more than your body wants you may have a detox reaction, which is not harmful, just irritating. It just means you might have to spend some extra time in the bathroom for a couple days or you might have a headache, rapid heart rate, nausea or feel achy like you have the flu. This is all caused from your body eliminating toxins too quickly.
If you are just starting on a healthy diet, start with just 1/8 teaspoon (0.625 ml) and you should not have any problem.
Start with 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) daily if you are have been eating a nutrient-dense diet for years with at least 1/2 lb. of greens in your daily diet.
Increase the amount you consume on a weekly basis as your body adjusts and detoxes, gradually building up to as much as 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) if you like.
Have you tried it? Share your experiences in the comment section. We’d all love to hear your story.